Monday, June 9, 2008

Last of the Oregon Coast



This is the coastal resort town of Pacific City, OR. Found a lovely county park campsite for only $5! (Plus a coin-operated shower costing 50 cents for every four minutes). The views from the beach are spectacular although the weather is variable. Was nice when I took this picture but is raining and windy this morning. Still, this is my last look at the Pacific Ocean during this trip. Tomorrow I start my eastward trek over the Coastal Range mountains and then onward through Oregon to Idaho. My legs still feel a bit wobbly but that's probably just because it's the start of this tour. Hoping to develop legs of steel within another few weeks. Until then, will persevere and walk the bike up the steep hills if needed. I do miss home but am also still exhilarated by finally being on this trip. In the end, I'm sure it will all be worthwhile.

2 comments:

Richard Groos said...

Steve,
Enjoy the solitude and the scenery!
I admire your courage in making the trip real, and will enjoy tracking your progress.
Safe Travels!
Richard

PS--I believe "Buns of Steel" may be the subject of a trademark, however, perhaps you can lock in "Legs of Steel" .... !

Anonymous said...

Hey Richard, Hey Steve;
Andrea says she already has the Legs of Steel workout video!
Saw Carol Ney this past weekend at a PTC seminar at Mackinac Island, MI. She said to say "hi!"
Joe & Andrea Bonk.