Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Fool's Journey Begins



It was misty and the wind was harsh as I dipped my rear wheel into the Pacific Ocean, just near Haystack Rock. Nevertheless, the trip has now officially begun! Rode through the light rain that characterizes this part of the north-west but was prepared with my rain suit and saddlebag covers. This morning it drizzled some more but it didn't slow me down or detract from the striking coastline scenery. Taking it easy during this early part of the trip so not doing too many miles each day. Also, got to tour the famous Tillamook Cheese factory and get samples! Hoping tonight's campground will be dryer. Not sure where I'll end up riding tomorrow but, so far, that's been half the fun! Anyway, the trip's now finally started and I'm having a great time!

2 comments:

Foofie said...

Bike on Steve! I'm happy to be your first comment. Love seeing the journal entries. Hopefully the weather has improved a bit. The foot spa is waiting here when you get to Minneapolis. Hey - just curious.... what is the weight of your bike with all your gear? Later..... Foof

Anonymous said...

Steve,

Good Luck with the trip, it looks amazing so far.

Scott S